Monday, April 19, 2010

Is she allowed to be this beautiful?


My little girl went to prom Friday night and she was so beautiful. She had a nice green dress with a black shawl and we even did her hair and makeup for the event - but that's not what made her beautiful. Her spirit, her countenance, the light in her eyes - that's what made her shine. Her date was a very nice young man that she met at school and he was such a gentleman. But for me, all I could see was my baby girl all grown up. I was so proud of her for all the moments that led to this one - the memories along the way. "Kaitlen" comes from "Kathryn" which means pure. I have always appreciated the inspiration that I receive when naming my children and on this night, I knew she was appropriately named. There was something a little special about taking this picture - I took it with the camera that my mom bought this past summer, the camera that I got when going through mom's stuff. I was sad that mom would never see these pictures, but then I knew that she was looking down and taking in the whole scene. Three generations, one separated by death, stood together this day and I knew my mom was just as proud as I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment